Zucchini Noodles in Creamy Avocado Sauce
Perfect lunch to welcome warmer weather, easy to get ready within 10 minutes and no fuss preparing. Packed with Avocado love and pesto flavours. It's one of those that you need to book mark for when you want to keep your kitchen work light. Plant Based, Gluten Free.
Zucchini x 2-3 medium sized ( Spiralized or cut into 1/4 inch wide strips)
- Red or Green capsicum x 1 medium sized
- Nuts ( peanuts, walnuts or pine nuts )
- Extra Virgin Olive oil to drizzle
- For the dressing:
- Avocado x 1 medium sized ripe
- Lemon x 1 Tbsp
- Garlic x 2 cloves
- Basil x 1/2 cup
- Olive oil x 2 Tbsp
- Water, splash to make it creamier.
- Saute the zucchini noodles (or zoodles as we call them) in olive oil until slightly soft. Let them sit in a colander to drain their water content.
Preapre the dressing/sauce by placing the avocado, garlic, lemon, basil and olive oil. It should turn out creamy and delicious, trying it out while in blender just tastes yummier!
- Cut capsicum as fancy as you like and mix with the noodles.
- To Serve: Place the noodles first, followed by the dressing, mix well. You may not need all of the dressing so spare it for another use, if you like.
Garnish with nutsto your heart's content and drizzle some more olive oil to bring the flavours together.
Enjoy! Welcome Spring !
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.