- Red split lentils ( Masoor Dhal ) x 1 cup
- Yellow split gram (Moong Dhal) x 1cup
- Barley x 1/2 cup
- Cumin Seeds x 1/2 tsp
- Himalyan Salt x pinch
- Corriander Pesto paste x 4 tbsp (see coriander pesto recipe)
- Grass fed organic Butter or Vegan Butter or Clarified butter (Desi Ghee) x 2 Tbsp
Pre Soak lentils and barley together for 30-60 minutes, an important step because it helps break down hard to digest proteins and makes it easy for the body to absorb the dense nutrients.
Place all the lentils and barley in slow cooker or on a stove top pot with 4 cups water.
Add salt,cumin seeds and pesto paste.
- Let it cook and barley to completelt soften. Slow cooker takes 2-3 hours ( you do not have to worry about checking again and again). On stove top, keep checking the water content, if you need to add more, always pour in boiled water(never cold).
- Once ready melt butter and pour on top of the lentils.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.